Western Training: British Columbia< Back to Training
Level 2 Full Challenge Course Practitioner: March 23-28, 2019 YMCA Camp Elphinstone, Gibsons, BC
CUI’s certification system is accredited by the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT). Participants will receive intensive training and practice for the skills required to operate a challenge course facility: work at height; technical operations of elements; risk management; group facilitation skills and adventure sequencing & programming skills. Participants complete a written and practical test and if successful, receive certification.
To register contact Davin Allan at YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
T: (604) 886-5155 C: (604) 865-1322
Price: $1100 + 5% GST. Includes meals and accomodation.
Course description & pre-requisites
- Must be 18 years old to receive certification.
- 6 days / 40+ hrs curriculum plus testing
- Valid for 3 years
- Certified to be a Lead Instructor.
- Must have 200 hrs of documented program experience on a challenge course.
- Must have CUI Level 1 training or equivalent.
- For those who will have responsibility for daily management of the challenge course
- Focuses on use of initiatives, low and high challenge courses, and indoor & outdoor climbing walls
Consolidate CUI Level I skills plus prusik tie-off; operation of specialized belay systems: Participant Static Belay System, Aerial Trust Dive, Team Swing, Zip Line, Flying Squirrel; lost anchor retrieval; variety of knots; variety of belay devices; staff access climbing systems & skills
Exposure to 2 rescue systems; will practice using one system; develop skills for lead role in a rescue.
Risk management skills
Will learn to how to develop a RMP; skills for daily management of course & program; pre-use & periodic inspection skills; risk management theory; focus on ACCT Standards.
Facilitation & Programming skills
Exposure to a variety of levels of facilitation; exposure to programming and change theories; will design and co-facilitate a low element, and receive detailed feedback on facilitation skills.