Course Manager Full Certification< Back to Training
CUI Course Manager meets ACCT Certification Standards for CM Full Certification
CUI’s certification system is accredited by the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT). Participants will receive intensive training and practice for the skills required to operate a challenge course facility: work at height; technical operations of elements; risk management; group facilitation skills and adventure sequencing & programming skills. Participants complete a written and practical test and if successful, receive certification.
Course description & pre-requisites
- Must be 21 years old to receive certification
- 4 days: 30 hrs course management curriculum
- Valid for 5 years
- Certified to be a course manager
- Must have 500 hrs of documented program experience on a challenge course (can include direct facilitation, program coordination, administration & supervision)
- Must have C.U.I. Level II training or equivalent
- For those who supervise challenge course instructors, programs and facilities
- For those who are looking for professional development and an industry update with international perspective
- Focuses on use of initiatives, low and high challenge courses, and indoor & outdoor climbing walls
Risk management skills
Opportunity to assess & evaluate your site & other site’s risk management plans; development & supervision of site policies & procedures; focus on short-term & long-term facility management, maintenance & inspection issues for challenge course facilities; focus on ACCT standards & other relevant standards; legal liability issues.
Facilitation & Programming skills
Focus on staff & program administration skills; staff training & supervision; developing & facilitating staff training programs facilitating defining moments; developing your feedback skills; maximizing your program design; universal facilitation and client diversity.