Course Manager Full Certification< Back to Training
CUI Course Manager meets the current ACCT Certification Standards for Course Manager Full Certification
The Course Manager Certification is intended for participants who are responsible for the day to day management of a Challenge Course/Aerial Park Operation.
The course is taught by facilitators with a broad perspective on the present industry and how the new ANSI/ACCT 03-2019 Standards are evolving today’s programs and facilities. Participants can expect curriculum that will look at emerging issues and trends in design and operations, current technology, staff management and supervision skills with a strong focus on the development of a risk management plan relative to the most current ANSI/ACCT 03-2019 Standards.
Participants complete a written and practical test and if successful, receive certification.
Course description & pre-requisites
- Must be 21 years old to receive certification
- 4 days: 30 hrs course management curriculum
- Valid for 5 years
- Certified to be a Course Manager
- Must have 500 hrs of documented program experience on a challenge course (can include direct facilitation, program coordination, administration & supervision)
- Must have C.U.I. Level II training or equivalent
- For those who supervise challenge course instructors, programs and facilities
- For those who are looking for professional development and an industry update with international perspective
- Focuses on use of initiatives, low and high challenge courses, and indoor & outdoor climbing walls
Risk management skills
Opportunity to assess & evaluate your site & other site’s risk management plans; development & supervision of site policies & procedures; focus on short-term & long-term facility management, maintenance & inspection issues for challenge course facilities; focus on ANSI/ACCT 03-2019 standards & other relevant standards; legal liability issues.
Facilitation & Programming skills
Focus on staff & program administration skills; staff training & supervision; developing & facilitating staff training programs facilitating defining moments; developing your feedback skills; maximizing your program design; universal facilitation and client diversity.