ALBERTA – Level 2 – Challenge Course Practitioner – June 2023
Level II Full Challenge Course Practitioner meets ACCT Certification Standards for Level 2 Full Certification
CUI’s certification system is accredited by the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT). Participants will receive intensive training and practice for the skills required to operate a challenge course facility: work at height; technical operations of elements; risk management; group facilitation skills and adventure sequencing & programming skills. Participants complete a written and practical test and if successful, receive certification.
Consolidate CUI Level I skills plus prusik tie-off; operation of specialized belay systems: Participant Static Belay System, Aerial Trust Dive, Team Swing, Zip Line, Flying Squirrel; lost anchor retrieval; variety of knots; variety of belay devices; staff access climbing systems & skills
Exposure to 2 rescue systems; will practice using one system; develop skills for lead role in a rescue.
Risk management skills
Will learn to how to develop a RMP; skills for daily management of course & program; pre-use & periodic inspection skills; risk management theory; focus on ACCT Standards.
Facilitation & Programming skills
Exposure to a variety of levels of facilitation; exposure to programming and change theories; will design and co-facilitate a low element, and receive detailed feedback on facilitation skills.
- PREREQUISITE: Level 1 completion or Portfolio completion (download the Excel workbook).
- PREREQUISITE: Must have CUI Level 1 training or equivalent.
- PREREQUISITE: Must have 200 hrs of documented program experience on a challenge course.
- PREREQUISITE: Must be 18 years old to receive certification.
- 5 days / 40 hrs curriculum plus testing.
- For those who will have responsibility for daily management of the challenge course
- Focuses on use of initiatives, low and high challenge courses, and indoor & outdoor climbing walls
- Certified to be a Lead Instructor. Valid for 3 years.